September 8, 2011
"The American Dream is not the promise of wealth but the freedom to pursue it; a dream I fear we’ve turned into an entitlement nightmare."
March 24, 2011
"It is unjust that the whole of society should contribute towards an expence of which the benefit is confined to a part of the society."
— Adam Smith
- “Art is to console those who are broken by life.”— Vincent van Gogh (via princessofnana)
- I don't favor the closing of our borders to try and stop Ebola, even though it seems to have worked for the countries surrounding the outbreak.
- Institutional breakdown in a time of Ebola
So, how is everybody feeling about Ebola today?
If exponential projections are to be believed...
- I have a great idea. Let's send 3,000 American troops who are not medically trained into an area infested with Ebola and then bring them back home....
- “But she did look back, and I love her for that, because it was so human. So she was turned to a pillar of salt. So it goes. People aren’t supposed to...”